Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Garage Sale Finds

Ever since I was a little kid I've adored garage sales. There's something awesome about buying a little piece of someone else's history for only 50 cents. The most recent garage sale I went to was hosted by my mom's office, and I actually had someone try to sell some jewelry that I had donated back to me. Needless to say, I did not go for that deal. I got some other great stuff though.


These are the EXACT color of the walls in my room, so once I clean off the putz and put in some tea lights, they'll look great.



Some leaf pins. No idea what to do with them yet, but when inspiration strikes I'll let ya know. =P



Okay, these were my favorite finds of the day. Some old Avon earrings, a door knocker, angel wings, and some other funky charms cost me about $1.5o. You probably can't tell, but the pendant says "5th: Thou Shall Not Kill." Probably my favorite commandment of them all! I'm planning on using these as charms on a felt heart wreath I'm working on.



Also at the garage sale I got 52 alphabet stamps, as well as some fasteners and safety pins and other boring doodads that you probably don't need to see pictures of.

That's it for now, happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim -- thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVE your blog name. It made me laugh. I TOO love garage sales. I grew up in a garage sale/thrift store family. I keep waiting for the day when I'll run across that $50000 item that someone is selling for $1 (like they show on Antiques Roadshow?) Looks like you got some great stuff. Post pics of your wreath when you make it. It sounds like a fun project!

    ReplyDelete